I’m a morning person, (not your 5am wake up head to the gym morning person) I enjoy seizing the day and fitting as much into the hours I’m awake as possible. That said, I’m not a night owl, I’m happiest when I’m in bed by 9pm. So how do I enjoy jumping out of bed in the morning and how can you enjoy it too?
- Use an uplifting song for your alarm. The standard iPhone alarms are horrible, a good song or the radio instantly puts me in a better mood!
- Drink a glass of cold water, this refreshes me instantly and makes me feel loads more awake.
- Have your clothes/shoes/makeup/pack lunch/bag all prepped the night before so you don’t have as much to do when you get up.
- Wash your face/take a shower as soon as you jump out of bed, don’t laze around in your pyjamas for a while watching telly as this takes a lot longer for your body to wake up. Cool water on my face not only hydrates my skin, but refreshes my eyes and I feel ready for the day.
- My favourite tip is to plan your breakfast the night before. It’s proven that eaten breakfast is good for you and i find that if I have it planned the night before then I wake up excited to have it, rather than just reaching for cereals when I should be running out the door!
So there are 5 tips that I use in order to help me on my 6am wake up calls. Hope you enjoyed reading this and can take something from it.